makeup

makeup

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

40 Beauty Questions Tag

Hi lovelies! So there is a tag going around YouTube of 40 questions about things like makeup, skin care, and numerous products- but since I don't have a YouTube account anymore I figured why not answer it on the blog. This way I also won't ramble as much ;)


40 Beauty Questions

Skin Care Questions

How many times do you wash your face each day?   Once or twice.

What type of skin do you have?   Combination/Dry

What is your current face wash?   The Body Shop- Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleanser.

Do you exfoliate?    Yes, on my body if I am using Jergens or some sort of fake tanner and on my face about once a week.

What do you use to exfoliate?    The Body Shop -  SEAWEED Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator 

Do you have freckles?    Yes, under my eyes and on my nose - especially when I've been in the sun.

Do you use eye cream?    nope

Do you/did you have acne prone skin?    I get break outs  when I am stressed, so when finals week hit my skin went crazy, but in the summer when I get a bit of sun and have more time to relax it is usually pretty good.

Did you ever use proactiv?   Nope. I was pretty tempted to in the past when my skin was breaking out, but never got around to it. I have used ACNE FREE Severe Wash though before, which is similar to ProActiv and it works wonders but dries your skin out a ton, so be careful.

Makeup Questions

What foundation do you use?   For day to day I will use my L'Oreal True Match Foundation in shades W2 or W3 depending on how tanned I am at the moment (I love L'Oreal), but if I am being photographed a lot like at a wedding or something I would wear Revlon Photo Ready foundation or Makeup Forever HD foundation.

Do you use concealer?     Yes, Yes, Yes.  I always use concealer, even if I don't have foundation on. My favorite is Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage, it is brilliant. 

Do you know your undertone color?    My undertone I find very confusing, in the summer I seem to have more yellow undertones, but in the winter I can look very pink, it is probably because of the cold, but who knows.

What do you think of false lashes?  Love them, if you have the right occasion to wear them!

Did you know you're supposed to change mascara every 3 mo?    Yes I know, although I don't always stick to this rule because I tend to just use them until they are gone and then purchase a new one.

What mascara do you use?    Any L'Oreal mascara - I love them all, especially the Voluminous Million Lashes. I have one in brown black and a waterproof one in The Blackest Black.

Sephora or MAC?    Both. Don't make me pick - it's too hard.

Do you have a MAC pro card?     No, but I'm working on it!

What makeup tools do you use for makeup application?   Brushes mostly, I have a set that I got at Costco one year , I am not even sure what their proper name is, but they are really nice The thing with brushes is you can usually find some pretty cheap ones at places like Target or Walgreens, they don't always have to be MAC - just remember to keep them clean.

Do you use base/primer for eyes?/face?    I actually never use a primer on my face. I don't know why I just don't really find it necessary. My makeup usually stays put for the most part. If I go out though I will use an Eye Primer - Urban Decay Primer Potion is my favorite.

Fav eyeshadow?    I don't know if I could choose one-  I tend to lean towards bronze shades like Woodwinked from MAC, Half-Baked from Urban Decay, or 24-K from Victoria's Secret. I also always use some sort of light color on my inner corner and brow bone as a highlight.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?   I actually don't normally wear eyeliner for day to day makeup, but when I am going out I usually stick to pencil or gel liner, like Wet N' Wild's gel liner- it stays put forever!

How often do you poke your eye w/ an eyeliner pencil?   Not very. I am very clumsy though and tend to poke myself with a mascara wand, especially when I'm in a hurry.

What do you think of pigment eye shadows?    Really pretty colors but not as convenient to use as pressed shadows. I have one in Antique Gold though from MAC that I love.

Do you use mineral makeup?     Sometimes yes. I used to use Bare Minerals a lot but I felt like it dried out my skin. I do think it is better for your skin though so when I want to give my skin a break I will switch to mineral makeup for a while.

What is your fav lipstick?   I really really love my MAC lipstick in Blankety, especially in the winter. Some of my other favorites are Whisper from Victoria's Secret, Soft Nude from Revlon and YSL Rouge Volupt in Provocative Pink if I am trying to spice things up a bit. Also, the 24 hr Superstay glosses from Maybelline work wonders and the Red shades stay on all night without bleeding or rubbing off. 

What is your fav lipgloss?   YSL glosses are a new discovery of mine and they are great. They smell good and have just enough pigment in them so you can layer them over lipstick or wear them on your own.

What is your fav blush?    Well Dressed by MAC or Dandelion from BENEFIT. 

Do you buy makeup on ebay?     Yes, but only things that have been discontinued.  Just make sure the seller is reputable and you read some user feedback first!

Do you like drugstore makeup?  Yes, especially L'Oreal, because a lot of people don't know but they are a French company and you are actually getting high quality cosmetics for just a fraction of the price.

Do you go to CCOs?   Have never been.

Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?    Yes, and I still might but for now I am focused on college.

Are you clumsy w/ putting on makeup?   If you know me, then you know I am pretty clumsy with all aspects of my life, but if I have time I will go slow and make sure everything is as put together as possible. 

Name a makeup crime you hate.   Colored glitter on eyes during the day that leaves fall out all over the face. AND tons of black eyeliner (reminds me too much of middle school) AND concealer too light for the skin - no one likes the raccoon look.

Do you like colors or neutrals?    I tend to stick more towards neutrals especially on my eyes, but I can appreciate a red or hot pink lip. I will wear color if I have somewhere to go, but sometimes its a little much for everyday.

Which celeb always has great makeup?   Blake Lively, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, The Victoria's Secret Models
If you could leave the house using just one makeup item, what would you use?   concealer

Could you ever leave the house w/o any makeup?    I do all the time. 

Do you think you look good w/o makeup?    Yes! Makeup should enhance, not hide!

What is the best makeup line?    I can't choose I love them all. 

What do you think of makeup?    It's awesome! It is one of the best forms of self expression you can have- and it's totally fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment